All students should bring the following items to class each day, including the first day: Wear a swimsuit, COVID face covering and closed-toe footwear (no flip-flops or crocs!).
- Coast Guard approved life jacket that fits properly.
- Safety whistle Sunglasses and/or hat.
- Sunscreen 15+
- Water shoes (no flip flops or crocs)
- Water in a squeeze bottle or other unbreakable container.
- Bathing suit
- A couple of packaged snacks (e.g. granola bars) that can be passed out on the water
- Change of clothes or warm clothes, as necessary, such as a sweatshirt and sweatpants.
- A note indicating any current medications and dosages (not previously indicated on the medical form) to update the medical records, in the event of an emergency.
Please arrive between 8:50AM and 9:00AM each morning, and plan to pick up your child by 3:00 each day except Friday, when camp will end at 1 PM. Camp Address: Blackbeard Sailing Club, 1215 Barkentine Dr, New Bern. At the security gate, say you are bound for Blackbeard.
A swim test will be administered upon arrival on the first day.
We hope you’ll take this as an opportunity to meet our volunteers and be directly involved in the daily activities in and around the club, and on the water!